Steven "The Radroach" Wilkins, often just called Steve, is one of the main followers and best friend of Al.
Steve first appeared in the mod Fallout New Vegas Mods: Heroes - Part 1, as one of the four mods he was reviewing. Steve came from the mod Radroach Companion, but Al didn't acquire him from the Nexus, instead being sent to him from a YouTuber. Steve was initially just called "Radroach," like all other radroaches in the game, but Al changed his name to Steve, due to his habit of assigning names for characters. Steve also used to go by the name of "Carl", until Al found him. Steve also has many PhDs in many fields, and is Al's main source of info when stuck because Steve always "knows a guy".
Steve, along with the rest of Al's main companions, makes his last official montage appearance in New Vegas Montages: Farewell New Vegas. He first appears comforting Al after his nightmare, explaining to him that there is a Chicken Finger Fiesta event at the Atomic Wrangler. Al and the gang head there, although soon realizes that they are trapped in the establishment with explosive bombs ready to go off any minute. Even though Steve is unable to disable the bombs, he escapes with everyone else when Ballarms shoots lasers into the floor, allowing them to fall into the sewers. Once in the sewers, an Al clone appears and begins decimating the civilians in the area, forcing Al and his gang to take cover while they figure out an attack plan.
Steve boldly states that he has no weapons, much to the chagrin of Al, who is well aware of this fact. As they ultimately have no way of fighting they run for the surface, where they wind up right in the middle of a Business Radroach attack on Freeside. Al decides to take Steve and Jerry with him into the Strip to counter a vertibird approaching and tells the rest of his gang to hold the line, leaving them behind for the time being. When they reach the top, it is revealed that Mr. House's screen face has been replaced by that of a clone created by the Radios and the Business Radroaches named Cunty McLean, who tells Al that they plan to take over the strip through an army they created.He is knocked out when poisonous gas enters the room. He is soon rescued along with the rest of the companions and the groups manages to escape from the bunker, heading to their base in Goodsprings.
When they arrive in Goodsprings, a bomb is dropped, decimating the town and increasing the radiation to extreme levels. Because of this, Al sends Jerry, Steve, and Cuddlesworth into the radiation to try and reach their secret bunker, telling them that if they don't come back, he loves them. The trio ventures into the radiation-filled environment, finding Al's hideout among a pile of rubble. Before they have a chance to enter the base, clones of Al appear and soon overtake the group, moving on to attack Al once the trio is subdued. He, alongside the other captured companions, appear at the end of montage, having been brainwashed by the Radios and working for Crier Breach.
He then follows Crier Breach as his mind-controlled companion until New Vegas Mods: Exterminators II - Part 4 - Down With Radios, where he and Jerry are rescued by Ronald Dillinger.
He appears in a cameo at the end of New Vegas Mods: Station Delta - Strange Occurrences where he spies on Crier along with AJ and Sizzler.
In New Vegas Mods: War Trash 2 Redux - Part 1 he, along with Jerry, Ballarms, Cuddlesworth and Trentosaurus appear in a dream Crier had about the mod, as evidenced by Steve once again duplicating himself.
Though radroaches are the weakest enemies in the game, Steve is exceptional. He can take a lot of damage (7000 to be exact), even more than Jerry, and can do at least some damage to moderately powerful enemies such as Fiends. However, being a Radroach, Steve cannot carry anything. This means he cannot use weapons or armor.
- Steve has a tendency to rush into battle before anybody else, and often fights enemies when no other companions will. Because of this, Al has been known to call Steve "the greatest companion ever."
- Steve may suffer from some form of incontinence, as evidenced by his frequent bathroom breaks.
- During Al's mod review New Vegas Trade Center an incident happened that caused Steve to become hostile, causing Al to send him to the Disco Club.
- For a short while, Al replaced Steve with another Radroach who walked on two legs named Buzz in one of his Wasteland Defence videos. The replacement was killed during a raid prompting Steve's return next video.
- Steve is easily the most sociable of Al's regular companions, often seen "talking" to random wastelanders during mod reviews.
- According to Al, Steve is resourceful and knowledgeable about the Mojave Wasteland, often providing Al with advice on where to find supplies Al needs. Al will sometimes get mad if he doesn't have Steve with him and can't find something.
- Steve seems to show his "ass" to almost anyone, by flapping his wings.
- Steve has a cousin known as "Steeve" who ever since they were young boys in the old country have had a rough relationship, but after Al made them talk it out they finally came over their differences.
- In the "Criminal Empire" Review, Steve had been given a suit and was named "Business Steve" for the whole video. Al was constantly explaining to NPCs that Steve is part of a business, what this business's purpose is at the moment unknown.
- Steve has multiple doctorates and is currently getting his business degree.
- Steve is also seen in the new Fallout 3 videos where Al and the crew got sucked into the past.
- Steve does not like the Capital Wasteland because it brings back memories of his life before he knew Al. Steve took out some of his anger on Cuddles and Jerry in "Mr. Smiths Scrapyard" Mod, after apparently saying something that caused all of Al's companions to become more hostile.
- Steve once told Al to go to the town of Ruendor to find a sledgehammer and tire iron in the second episode of the afterschool special. When Al got to the items he found baby holotapes of Steve.
- In Steve's first video, Fallout New Vegas Mods: Heroes-Part 1, he can be seen with the name "Steven" at the 33:54 mark.
- Steve is a recovering alchoholic and a born again Christian
- Steve is called "Professor Steve", "Professor Steven", "Doctor Steve", and "Doctor Steven" by Al when commanding soldiers who are bothering him as seen in the Fallout New Vegas Mods: Enclave Commander-Marine Edition video.
- Steve is Jewish which was discovered when he made a Hannukah special which is finished, but it is never coming out.
- In Time Machine! - Part 2, Steve is shown to be trapped in the past alongside Janet.
- Steve's birthday is on September 9th.
- It is unknown why, but in Al's newer Fallout 3 mod reviews, Steve along with, Cuddlesworth, Jerry, Ballarms and Abraham Drinkin would attack the people who are in the mod. Due to this, they were sent to the Disco Club.
- Steve is known to be an accomplished scientist who has contributed to many scientific field such as astronomy, theoretical physics, and biology.
- The Business Radroaches were born from a failed attempt from Al to give Steve a suit.
- Steve is a fan of the game Army Of Two like Al, shown in Al's review of the mod Brotherhood - Part 1 Deathsong Brotherhood - Part 1.
- Steve appears on the current backround for Al's channel.
- Steve has four children, each of which are presumed to be affiliated with the Business Radroaches.
- It was revealed in the Fallout New Vegas Mods: AutoFac - Part 1 video, that Steve was once a human who then, after death, reincarnated as a Radroach.
- According to the end credits of the FNV Modded Playthrough Steve went on to start a very profitable company that sells men's shoes.
- According to Al in Fallout New Vegas Mods: Contract Killer - Part 1 Steve has "like 15 PhDs."
- In War Trash Part 1, a glitched version of Steve came out of a vortex and scared the shit out of Al; proceeding to tell Al he is Steve's uncle. After a debriefing from "Major Tom", Al asks Uncle Steve to leave and says he can join in another mod review. He then discusses with Steve about how his uncle is fat and huge.
- Steve, along with Janet, seem to have disappeared from the group, in Fallout New Vegas Mods: Dry Canyon, and may have possibly fallen unconscious or to his death.
- In Fallout New Vegas Mods: Bounty Bonus Quests - Part 2, Al revealed that Steve can lay eggs, despite being male.
- In Fallout New Vegas Mods: Bounty Bonus Quests - Part 7, Al revealed that Steve doesn't like to be called "Skeve".
- It is rumored that Steven Golbansky (the main character of the early Wasteland Defense videos) was turned into a Radroach, and thus Steve the Radroach was born. This rumor is unconfirmed.
- Steve has the main character named after him in Indie Sunday! - Long Story - Part 1.
- Steve's cousin, a large version of Steve, appears briefly in Fallout New Vegas Mods: Nipton Rebuilt - Part 1 before being sent to the Rave Club.
- Both Steven and Clackers act as the Skyrim equivalents of Steve.
- On Ollyoxen's channel, a fellow Fallout Youtuber, Steve sold houses and bases to Olly Company, indicating that he is now a freelance real estate agent, in New Vegas Mods: Houses, Houses, Houses - Part 1.
- In New Vegas Mods: House of Horrors - Part 1, Al had to send Steve to the Rave Club after he refused to listen and followed Al into the house after Al had explicitly stated for him not to.
- Steve goes as a nudist for Halloween in A Fallout Halloween - Ghoul Cop!.
- Steve has a cameo in New Vegas Mods: Axe Man's Past - Part 1, in which one of the merchants mentioned has the name of Steven Radroach. Axe Man mentions that this Steven sounds like he is the kind of guy who can "get you stuff".
- In New Vegas Mods: Vault 51 - Part 2, Steve is seen walking out of the vault's barber shop with a beautiful new stylish radroach haircut.
- It's revealed in New Vegas Mods: A Boy and His Ghoul -Part 2 that Steve doesn't like the Freeside Meat Salesman, as he sells Radroach Meat and Steve finds this offensive.
- He appeared in Al's Fallout 4 survival stream as a companion.
- In New Vegas Mods: The Crier Compound!, it was confirmed that he used to work with the Business Radroaches on Crier's mission terminal.
- Steve is mentioned by a Mysterious Man in Goodsprings during New Vegas Mods: The Road Below!, who claims to be Steve's friend and lover. Crier Breach kills him after he gives Crier a gun.