This page is about AlChestbreach. For Al's Fallout: New Vegas character, go to AlChestBreach (Character).
AlChestBreach, normally called Al by his fans, is a YouTuber known for his mod reviews and DLC playthroughs of the game Fallout: New Vegas. More recently, he has expanded his repertoire, and began uploading videos of a modded Fallout 3 playthrough and has done "Let's Play" videos of Fallout New Vegas, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto IV, Payday: The Heist, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Saints Row: The Third, Amnesia: The Dark Descent , Far Cry 3, The Walking Dead, The Sims 3, and was doing random DayZ adventures, which is currently cancelled. He has several series; Indie Sunday where he plays indie games; Misc. Monday where he plays a different random game every Monday, he occasionally lets fans choose a certain game title to be played every Monday until it's completed, or plays a game every Monday for a month; and Sims Saturday, or Sims with Al, where he plays The Sims 3 switching between several created families: The Duggats, The Cops, The Gurps, and The Reddings.
Al is known for getting easily distracted in reviews, sometimes shouting at NPCs for doing really annoying or stupid things, a good example being when he yelled at the character Willow for giving him explosives that killed Rex because they were more powerful than he thought they would be. Reviews will often be drastically sidetracked by long, meandering dialogues with his companions, during which he regularly attempts to keep them focused and professional for the review, or attends to their various neuroses. He will often attempt to engage enemies in conversation, and is inevitably dismayed when they react with violence. This is particularly notable with radroaches; his attempts to befriend them was a hallmark of his earlier videos, although the acquisition of Steve (see Companions) appears to have sated the majority of his desire for creepy crawly companionship.
Upon encountering any items that appear ordered or arranged neatly in any way, Al will almost invariably pick them up and throw them around at random, often remarking "that's where that goes" with evident satisfaction.
When scared, he always goes "ass first" into what he's scared of. This can be seen many times in his Fallout New Vegas Mods: Hell On Earth(Redux!) Series in every part.
When reading any text that appears in the course of a review, Al will usually narrate in an impression of the text's writer, although he rapidly stops following the actual text and begins to replace lines with tangentially related scenarios, which are usually gruesome or end with "it was horrible," before rejoining the thread of the text.
He often speaks in a replication of a humorous accent. His most commonly used accent is of an old person which he uses to represent viewers, telling about his past, and when reading notes the most. A pseudo-Italian accent is often assumed when speaking about his past or future. Although less frequently, a cartoon-like voice is used when he is narrating some characters in his productions. Others include feminine accents, children accents (higher pitched words and infrequent use of proper terminology), and an action movie narrator that he uses during some montages such as Fallout New Vegas Trailer Brahmin Hunter and Fallout New Vegas Trailer Overencumbered Man or during dramatic V.A.T.S moments. When using the Italian accent, he often says "Papa" to denote the beginning of a transition into the formerly stated child-like accent. When using the elderly accent, he often starts by saying "when I was your age" to indicate a coming story of odd mischief.
He also seems to use the word "baby" quite a bit. For example, when doing a series of videos in which he reviewed five minor mods, he called them "baby mods." He also has a tendency to give generic NPCs (such as "Goodsprings Settler") names, using the surname "McGee" frequently. People, and occasionally inanimate objects, that annoy him are usually referred to as "hussies." Al appears to enjoy singing and bananas, and vocally savors whatever food he happens to be eating during the course of a review.
When reviewing mods, he puts them into categories by taking the number of mods in the review and adding "er" at the end. For example, when he had five mods to review in his Roswell video, he titled it Fallout New Vegas Mods: Fiver of Roswell. For every mod that has four or less mods, he will add "fer" at the end instead. For example, if the video showcases three mods, he will call it a "threefer." He occasionally will add "McDeefer" at the end when there are three mods making it a "Threefer McDeefer." He used to add "Queen Latifah" as well making it a "Threefer McDeefer, Queen Latifah." However, the practice has seen an unexplained decline. The same mannerisms continue through "fivers," "sixers," and others through the extended addition of rhyming terminology. (i.e. "Fiver McDiver.")
Al has been known to consistently fumble over words and mispronounce things, an occurrence often followed by him saying that he "can't speak" or that he "doesn't know English." He has previously joked that he's recovering from a brain tumor, though this is obvious sarcasm. When he attempts to finish a sentence but fails, he sometimes makes choking, coughing, and/or gurgling noises to mask the mishap.
Al has a very characteristic and highly entertaining laugh. Often referred to within his subscriber base as the "Monkey Laugh", it most frequently appears when situations in his playthroughs get out of hand or when ridiculous events spontaneously occur. A prime example being the death of the very first Chumpkins in which he was propelled into the sky thanks to the explosion. He attempts to contain himself but then bursts into the Monkey Laugh, seemingly unable to breath.
The Monkey Laugh often shows up in Al's playthroughs and mod reviews in Skyrim, thanks to the cinematic (and frequently brutal) killmove system which that game incorporates. Whereas men of lesser humor would find themselves increasingly bored or disaffected by the killmoves, Al reacts to every one with a compelling mixture of horror and amusement.
During Al's videos, he has a tendency to use a variety of different voices depending on what characters he's around and who he's playing as.
- Old man voice: His most commonly used voice; this voice can be heard in almost all of his videos.
- Feminine voice: The second most used voice is his really bad female voice impression; which can be heard in a lot in Fallout mod reviews.
- Kermit the Frog: Al has an almost perfect impression of Kermit the Frog, seemingly to the point where it's creepy. This voice can be heard in a lot in his Saints Row the Third videos.
- Duke Nukem voice: His Duke Nukem voice is the voice Al uses when he says one-liners.
- "Consuela" voice: His "consuela" voice is the one he used to talk as Mario in the Super Mario Bros. video. Consuela comes from the television show Family Guy, where she is the maid.
- Irish/Scottish voice: This voice is used on occasion when he's in combat. It can be heard many times in the After School Special mod review
- Arnold Schwarzenegger voice: He is known for doing this impression for long periods of time in his videos, mostly making random Schwarzenegger sounding noises that can't be understood.
- Subscriber/Viewer Voice: He uses this voice to express the point of view of a viewer of his video. This voice can be heard in most videos. e.g. = "So I was watching this AlChestBreach video and he died like 1000 times, it was the worst thing ever... ". and ending with a very sarcastically annoyed, "UNSUBSCRIBE."
- Bobby Duggart voice: A nasally toned voice which Al uses whenever voicing Bobby, it's unique among his voices for NPCs. The most common topic is that of cheeseburgers.
- He claims to live on the Moon in an Earth-like dome. It is presumed he makes these claims to keep his online and real life separate, as evidenced by his updates, in which he wears a mask to conceal his face. Al has said he "only shows his face on other channels."
- He once had an AMA on Reddit.
- He has several cats and a squirrel friend name Gerald who he recently had a fight with. They are often featured or mentioned in his update videos and on his series "Cat Tales."
- He is part of the comedy channels Billtcm and aV09s, WARNING: YOU CAN SEE HIS FACE ON THESE CHANNELS.
- In 2011 he did an interview with 0periodproductions at New York Comic Con, and has appeared in several of their videos since (WARNING: HIS FACE IS SHOWN IN MANY OF THESE VIDEOS.) He is a part of the channel but does not appear in most videos.
- His Facebook fan page is AlChestBreach.
- Al has claimed to work at a box factory; it's assumed that this is a joke, like his living on the moon.
- He was affected by Solar Storm Sandy. He lived in his sister's apartment at the time.
- He calls his cats Harvey & Darlene.
- There is a fan-made YouTube channel called ACBRadio, which makes songs and remixes based on content in Al's videos.
- One of Al's favorite ways to end a mod review is by saying, "See you in the future. AWAAAAAAAAAY!" This seems to be a reference to Professor Farnsworth from the show Futurama, who speaks in a similar dramatic tone from time to time.
- Al is mainly a PC gamer though he does have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox Live account, however he does not own a PS3, even stating, "If you added me as a friend on playstation network, then umm yeah, that's not me"
- His original couriers name was John Goodman and he had a Survivalist Beard instead of his iconic Doom Rider Mustache.
- He spawned an iFunny account based on his persona from the Silent Hill mod review "Bear Man".
- According to a mod he had reviewed, he was (unofficially) Courier 2 in Fallout: New Vegas. Despite playing as Courier 6.
- He also voices Alfred Rex from XRE Rex's Shops.
- Al will usually blow the heads off his dead enemies claiming he doesn't want zombies. []
- Al often has voice cracks claiming "he hasn't hit puberty yet" most of his fans find this extremely hilarious.
- In Real Life Friends 35, Al stated he was an "Aquarius", which means he was born between 20th of January and 18th of February.
- A running joke in many comment sections of Al's videos is "do more Far Cry 3", despite Ubisoft not letting him upload anymore. This is also a running joke on Real Life Friends.
- In Let's Draw - Tyler's Cat, Al is seen to be right handed.
- In Slender The Arrival, Al left a facecam link in the description. The link is here (WARNING HIS FACE IS SHOWN)
- Al first used an intro nickname in Fallout New Vegas Mods: Grenade Mods Things that go Boom - Part 1.
- Al occasionally calls hostiles, "hussies," another word for slut or whore.
- According to No Indie Sunday Due to Goat, goats are revered by Al's family. They even adopt them into the family, although it is unknown if it's either as pets or as kin.
- In Sims 4 - The Duggarts! - Part 15, Al revealed that he has no hands and has hooks as prosthetics.
- According to him in New Vegas Mods: The Search for the Word! - Part 1, he has been locked in his room for 5 days when his home was invaded by small children.
- According to a fan in the comment section of Sims 4 - The Duggarts! - Part 22, named TheYuckyBear, Al is a secret member of the Illuminati and the last living member on the Moon. According to YuckyBear, members of the Illuminati have been hunted down on the Moon by the government for the past 4 years, which explains why Al always uses Intro Nicknames in his New Vegas videos. Yucky also theorizes that the Osama Bin Brahmin and Ronald Dillenger montages were but fictionalized parodies of Al's efforts to evade his pursuers, and the reason for Ballarms' disappearance was to subliminally tell his fans of his true identity. But this is but a fan theory and most likely outright not true.