AlChestBreach is a YouTuber known for his mod reviews and DLC playthroughs for the game Fallout: New Vegas. More recently, he has expanded his repertoire, and began uploading videos of a modded Fallout 3 playthrough and has done "Let's Play" videos of Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto IV, Payday: The Heist, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Saints Row: The Third, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry 3, The Walking Dead, The Sims 3, and is currently doing a Fallout: New Vegas playthrough with modded content. He has started three new things, one called Indie Sunday where he plays indie games, also Misc. Monday where he plays a random game, and Sims Saturday or Sims with Al where he plays Sims 3 following his created family, The Duggarts.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
In Fallout: New Vegas (Al's most featured game on his channel), Al's name is Doctor DoLittle, although most recently Al Chestbreach, and he typically wears a Duster, and a Cowboy hat, though he will often wear other armor if it is from a mod he is reviewing. His character is a caucasian male who sports a manly doom rider mustache. Al has a seemingly infinite amount of caps and ammo, but is never running out of stimpaks. In some of his videos, he is shown to have as many as 900,000 bottle caps, and thousands of rounds of various types of ammo.
Al has a very good karma rating, as he tends to choose the "good" options in the game. He is known to avoid options that will get him negative karma, even going to the extent of reloading previous saves to avoid "bad" decisions. However, exceptions can be seen throughout a number of his videos. He is on good terms with the NCR, but is vilified by Caesar's Legion and is often attacked by their assassins in his videos.
Al is known for getting easily distracted in reviews, sometimes shouting at NPCs for doing really annoying or stupid things, a good example being when he yelled at the character Willow for giving him explosives that killed Rex because they were more powerful than he thought they would be. Reviews will often be drastically sidetracked by long, meandering dialogues with his companions, during which he regularly attempts to keep them focused and professional for the review, or attends to their various neuroses. He will often attempt to engage enemies in conversation, and is inevitably dismayed when they react with violence. This is particularly notable with radroaches; his attempts to befriend them was a hallmark of his earlier videos, although the acquisition of Steve (see Companions) appears to have sated the majority of his desire for creepy crawly companionship.
Upon encountering any items that appear ordered or arranged neatly in any way, Al will almost invariably pick them up and throw them around at random, often remarking "that's where that goes" with evident satisfaction.
When scared, he always goes "ass first" into what he's scared of. This can be seen many times in his Fallout New Vegas Mods: Hell On Earth(Redux!) Series in every part.
When reading any text that appears in the course of a review, Al will usually narrate in an impression of the text's writer, although he rapidly stops following the actual text and begins to replace lines with tangentially related scenarios, which are usually gruesome or end with "it was horrible," before rejoining the thread of the text.
He often speaks in a replication of a humorous accent. His most commonly used accent is of an old person which he uses to represent viewers, telling about his past, and when reading notes the most. A pseudo-Italian accent is often assumed when speaking about his past or future. Although less frequently, a cartoon-like voice is used when he is narrating some characters in his productions. Others include feminine accents, children accents (higher pitched words and infrequent use of proper terminology), and an action movie narrator that he uses during some montages such as Fallout New Vegas Trailer Brahmin Hunter and Fallout New Vegas Trailer Overencumbered Man or during dramatic V.A.T.S moments. When using the Italian accent, he often says "Papa" to denote the beginning of a transition into the formerly stated child-like accent. When using the elderly accent, he often starts by saying "when I was your age" to indicate a coming story of odd mischief.
He also seems to use the word "baby" quite a bit. For example, when doing a series of videos in which he reviewed five minor mods, he called them "baby mods." He also has a tendency to give generic NPCs (such as "Goodsprings Settler") names, using the surname "McGee" frequently. People, and occasionally inanimate objects, that annoy him are usually referred to as "hookers." Al appears to enjoy singing and bananas, and vocally savors whatever food he happens to be eating during the course of a review.
When reviewing mods, he puts them into categories by taking the number of mods in the review and adding "er" at the end. For example, when he had five mods to review in his Roswell video, he titled it Fallout New Vegas Mods: Fiver of Roswell. For every mod that has four or less mods, he will add "fer" at the end instead. For example, if the video showcases three mods, he will call it a "threefer." He occasionally will add "McDeefer" at the end when there are three mods making it a "Threefer McDeefer." He used to add "Queen Latefer" as well making it a "Threefer McDeefer, Queen Latefer." However, the practice has seen an unexplained decline. The same mannerisms continue through "fivers," "sixers," and others through the extended addition of rhyming terminology. (i.e. "Fiver McDiver.")
Al has been known to consistently fumble over words and mispronounce things, an occurrence often followed by him saying that he "can't speak" or that he "doesn't know English." He has previously joked that he's recovering from a brain tumor, though this is obvious sarcasm. When he attempts to finish a sentence but fails, he sometimes makes choking, coughing, and/or gurgling noises to mask the mishap.
Al has had many companions in his videos, some from the actual game and some from mods, but there are only five he uses on a regular basis:
- Mister Cuddlesworth: From the Baby Deathclaw Commander mod, he was a Baby Deathclaw who Al found and raised into an adult Deathclaw. He also ate a Stealth Boy, which gave him the ability to frequently turn invisible. Mister Cuddlesworth has been featured in more videos than any of the other followers, and was the first of the four to be used by Al. He and Jerry seem to be Al's favorites.
- Jerry McGhoulBerry: Though he has the physical appearance of a ghoul, Jerry is actually a reanimated corpse that Al created during a mod review. Al held a contest that let fans choose the the corpse's name (who was just called Reanimated Corpse when he was created). "Jerry McGhoulBerry" won with the most votes, and is the name for the character, though "Uncle Fester The Child Molester" stood out to Al.
- Steve the Radroach: Originally just named "Radroach," Steve was given to Al by a GECK programmer who made a Radroach companion. Al decided to name him Steve. He often helps Al find items he needs for quests, as he seems to have a large amount of information about stashes of items throughout the wastes.
- Captain Ballarms: A communist-hating Protectron that originated in the DEIMOS mod as a random Protectron that Al renamed. During battle, many of his catchphrases are about communists, which he refers to as "commies," even when the enemy they are fighting is not a communist. He also frequently gives out hugs, though Al does not approve of it. In the montage "The Return Of Janet", Ballarms was sent back in time with Al's newborn baby to catch up with the remaining Business Radroaches. At the moment, his current status is unknown, though he still appears in the Fallout: New Vegas modded playthrough.
- Janet: A companion from the Skunkwater Gulch mod. She is a robobrain whose brain can be later transferred into a female human and she will thank you with sex and companionship. Janet was later hinted to be pregnant by some signs in Al's videos and dialogue Al had with his companions in New Vegas and in Skyrim hinted toward it. She was kidnapped by the Business Radroaches for many months, though while she was gone she could often be seen on Al's Pip-Boy map. During an attempt to end the Business Radroaches once and for all in the montage The Return of Janet, he came across Janet in their main base. She has now become one of Al's main companions again.
Other companions that have featured in his videos are:
- Rose of Sharon Cassidy: A long time companion, whom he killed out of annoyance. He nicknamend her "the stupid bitch." Al shot her head off in annoyance, but she returned in the Fallout: New Vegas modded playthrough with a new look.
- Veronica: She is barely more than a dressup doll for him, when he reviews mods. Veronica is currently alive and at the 188.
- Rex: A robotic dog that died on many occasions and was eventually brought back to life by Paladin V0ci in special montage video.
- Willow: A companion from the "Willow Companion Mod," she is a blond haired girl with which Al's player character once had sex. She rarely gets used by him anymore, because he found her to be annoying. During the review of the Skyrim mod Vilja, part 1, it is officially announced that she was deceased.
- Chester the Squirrel: A companion seen in the Minecraft series Go West, he is a rabbit, but is called a squirrel by Al. He has been killed many times and is now a "Chester 5.0."
- Gully: A feral ghoul companion in vault guard armor whose constant seizures would frustrate Al in the Angel Park Mod videos. He later made a return in the Hell on Earth mod video.
- Gordon Freeman: A minor companion used in Wastleland Defense episodes 21 and 22. He didn't fight that much which explains why he only starred in two videos; due to this his current status is unknown, though he is suspected to be at the disco club.
- Little G: A Mister Gutsy robot that appeared in Big Baby Fiver - Part 1. When Al and his companions raided Caesar's fortress and went to kill Caesar, Little G was destroyed.
- Mr. Geck: A companion from the mod "A World of Wacky." A real estate agent who sells terrible tiny homes to random people and tried to sell one to Al as well. Mr. Geck is deceased.
- Hoovers: A companion modded by Al fom the Skunkwater Gulch mod. Hoovers is a robot horse who followed Al during the Deathclaw Duster Mod. Hoovers is deceased.
- Proxima: A Roboscorpion/Robodog companion who could change between the two robot forms. Proxima appeared during the Rancho Villa Mod. Proxima's current state is unknown, though it is likely at the disco club.
- Chumpkins: A modded enemy from the Monster Mod, Chumpkins is a cat that has 4 fusion bombs strapped on him, leading him to cause a major explosion when he dies. Al has used him for a challenge, to see how long he can prevent Chumpkins from dying, but also as a strategic weapon. He is used as a weapon against the Business Radroaches in The Return of Janet.
- Buzz: A radroach that stands on its hind legs and speaks (with a stereotypical Mexican accent) like a human, made with the Monster Costumes mod. Al found him gross and disturbing. Buzz is deceased.
- Fat Fuck Boone: A vanilla companion that was modded with the Chuncky Duncan Race mod. Al needed someone to help show this mod, so he went and got Boone. Fat Fuck Boone is presumed to be deceased.
- Abraham Drinkin: An Abraham Lincoln duplicate that travels with Al in his Fallout 3 videos. His favorite thing to do is drink, and Al always accommodates his needs by picking up some whiskey in the Capitol Wasteland along their journeys. He is very quiet.
- Skitters: The first Radroach that Al started traveling with in his Fallout 3 modded playthrough. Named for his "greeting", which is "Skitter skitter, scratch scratch."
- Scratch: Started as an accidental, glitch-created clone of Skitters but then became known as Scratch, Skitters' brother. Al can often be heard singing a "Skitters and Scratch" song during his modded Fallout 3 playthrough.
- Puppy : Puppy is a ghost dog that was introduced in the video Fallout 3 Mods: AAT Phone Company - Part 1 . Puppy appeared when Al was pissed off by his companions because they killed the people of Tenpenny Tower. According to Al, Puppy is a transforming chameleon puppy dog that likes to transform to different things to blend in to his environment, when in reality Puppy's texture file is located in the wrong folders, causing his strange camouflage abilities.
- The Purr: A man embedded with Chumpkins DNA, he also explodes when killed.
- Kitten Boy: The Purr's sidekick, who is currently getting wasted in the sewers where Al left him with absinthe after The Purr died.
- Niner: Niner is a drug addict from the Niner Companion Mod that Al picked up near Goodsprings. Al often gets annoyed with his constant chatter and singing, much like Willow, but seems to like him regardless.
- Balls: formerly known as 'Al's Dog', Balls was a demonic talking dog that ironically also had a demonic voice. He got his name by biting other people's balls and brutally murdering them in his dark alley. He was first seen in Al's playthroughs of Vault 69. He Returns as his own mod, voiced by Al (actually part of the mod). At his current position, he is capable to making Al's Main Companions.
- Elephant Man: The Elephant Man followed Al through Courier's Cache. He had been maken fun of all his life, which is why he got his name. Al was also disgusted from his face, wishing he was dead. He later ran away and Al ditched him before he gets back.
- He claims to live on the Moon in an Earth-like dome. It is presumed he makes these claims to keep his online and real life separate, as evidenced by his updates, in which he wears a mask to conceal his face. Al has said he "only shows his face on other channels."
- He has several cats and a squirrel friend name Gerald who he recently had a fight with. They are often featured or mentioned in his update videos and on his series "Cat Tales."
- He has an easter egg dedicated to him in the Fallout: New Vegas mod New Vegas Bounties II, as well as another mod by the same author, The Inheritance. The author, someguy2000, is a fan of Al's videos.
- He is part of the comedy channels Billtcm and aV09s, though his face can be seen, so proceed with caution if you don't want to know what he actually looks like.
- In 2011 he did an interview with 0periodproductions at New York Comic Con, and has appeared in several of their videos since (Warning: his face is shown in many of these videos.) He is a part of the channel but does not appear in most videos.
- His Facebook fan page is AlChestBreach.
- Al has claimed to work at a box factory, it's assumed that this is a joke, like him living on the moon.
- He tends to say he broke/"fucked up" a mod when he messes up.
- He was affected by "Solar Storm Sandy." He lived in his sister's apartment at the time.
- He is aware that when he gets a new companion they almost always die.
- He doesn't mind and actually encourages the killing of kids (video games only).
- He is sensitive on the matter of the quality video game textures. If a texture from a mod is of poor quality, he will often call it "gross", "disgusting" or other similar words.
- He calls his cats Harvey & Darlene.
- He always pronounces Mario as "Mairio", which can be seen in almost all of his Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and other videos.He says this alot in his Wastland Defense Series.
- It is revealed in Part 52 of Al's Modded New Vegas Playthrough that Caleb McCaffery is his father, and a rather abusive one, although Al still dresses like him. Maybe to get some form of attention from McCaffery.
- He can seem to predict the future as seen in Fallout New Vagas Modded - Part 61 at 6:43 where he predicts when Cuddles will get hungry.
- There is a fan-made YouTube channel called ACBRadio, which makes songs and remixes based on content in Al's videos.
- When reviewing gun/armor mods he doesnt like it if the items are to clean i.e like they dont look like they belong in the games setting.
- One of Al's favorite ways to end a mod review is by saying, "See you in the future. AWAAAAAAAAAY!" This seems to be a reference to Professor Farnsworth from the show Futurama, who speaks in a similar dramatic tone from time to time.
- There is a fan mod that creates Al as a follower that can be found here.
- Al at times has bad eye sight. This is seen in "Fallout New Vegas Mods: Lucky Dice Casino - Part 1" where he is sent on a mission to find a ghoul hater named Donald, but see Jerry as Donald.
- His allegiance is mainly himself, but he usually fights alongside the NCR.Althogh he will kill NCR troopers on ocassion.
- He will ocassinly drop over 500,000 rounds of ammo as he does not like the amount of ammo. then comment on how all that ammo fit in a tiny box.
- During a review of the Fallout New Vegas mod, Slap Willy, Al killed a man by shoving an over-sized penis down his throat. Which can be seen here .